Tuesday, September 20, 2011

PITTSBURGH

I miss Pittsburgh! I don't know why, or what provoked my sudden nastalgia for the land of chlorinated swimming pools and grumpy steel workers, but MAN, when I got home from school and got on my computer, I could barely control my fingers as they speedily typed the fair old city into Google Images. I miss my suburban neighborhood and my pre-school and my friends and my house. (We had a yellow house, sort of like the one I live in now, but more victorian-y.) It's just so strange because people generally feel the same way about Pittsburgh as they do, say, Cleveland; a little boring, industrial, too cold in the winter and too humid in the summer. But whenever I think about Pittsburgh, I feel warm and comforted and at home...I think of sitting on the porch in the snow with Sam and a bottle of syrup and making our own delighful sugary snow cones. Or playing Beanie Babies in the living room with Sam and Aaron and Sarah and the Holmes'. (Our neighbors.) I remember our family being so perfect and so happy. When I look at old pictures of us when we lived there, we just look so much like a family...so together and cohesive. It's weird, I've honestly never realized how much I loved it there...I guess I did, but was never really aware of it. But even so, I think that if I went back today it wouldn't be the same as I remember it, just because everyone's so different now. I don't really know why I'm posting this, I guess I just feel like we're all having to grow up and we're not kids anymore and I'm realizing how much I miss being a little kid, when everyone was happy and I was always warm and safe.
Anyway. Not sure how to end this! ...I LOVE YOU GUYS A LOT. <3

This is a picture of picture of Pittsburgh, incase you were stumped...

No comments:

Post a Comment