Friday, May 10, 2013

VANTAGE / THE END

SO i will start this probably overly-detailed account with the KUPS award barbecue last Friday. I didn't even want to go in the first place because I thought I would feel uncomfortable and awkward, etc. But at the last listening party, which was two days before the barbecue, I told Daniel that I would go. It was supposed to start at 3:00 but radio events are always behind schedule so I showed up at like 4:30. And right when I walked in the house, Daniel was in the kitchen and he was already kind of drunk (he has the tolerance of a bumble bee it is adorable) and told me to go to the back of the house where the barbecuing was happening. And right when I went onto the deck, people were being so nice to me! Kirby was grilling and he gave me a hamburger patty and I took a beer from the cooler and sat on the grass (alone lol) to eat my hamburger. I was perfectly content quietly observing people but I only sat by myself for like five minutes because this girl Kim Clancy (who I recognized because she's the Business Director for the radio but I had never talked to before) came up to me and said she liked my skirt. She sat down next to me and was being so friendly and I ended up hanging out with her for most of the barbecue. Then as we were talking, Ben Block came up to us and asked Kim when the awards were going to start and she said she had no idea and then he just stayed and talked with us. Kim was drinking hard cider because she collects it (wut so cool) and she even has a cider blog! (Later that night Ben and I decided to one day become cider farmers because we were so inspired by Kim's blog...) We went inside to the living room so Ben could take pictures of her holding her cider by the fireplace. We stayed inside until the awards started, and it was so nice. We talked about music and school and different cities and I felt really comfortable with both of them. Then Daniel came in to tell us the awards were starting so we went outside but the two of them went up to a big group of their friends so I went and sat next to this girl Chloe, who had her show before mine last semester. And then I won my award and got a little too exited about it and managed to get extremely cross-faded by like 7:45...so yeah. I went back to my room and was planning on just calling it a night, but Kim texted me and was like "where did u go....there's an after party at nick's" So (after calling Hailey and Kelsey...lolol) I took a short nap and sobered up a little and decided to go to the after party. And when I got there, I just continued my conversation with Ben and he and I talked for basically the whole time! So that was nice, then I went home and went to sleep.
Then, I didn't talk to them for the rest of the week, but on Wednesday, Kim texted me asking if I needed a ride to Vantage which is the party I went to yesterday. I wasn't planning on going but I said yes because YOLO and also I didn't have any other plans. So we left yesterday at around 1 and got there around 3:30. The car ride was nice because people sort of kept to themselves/listened to their respective iPods. When we got there, though, the party had already started and people were already really drunk. I only had one drink (yay me!) because I didn't want to come back today with a hangover cause I have a meeting later with my humanities professor. So I was basically one of very few sober people there but that kind of made it more fun in a way. Ben, who rode up with us, hung out with me for most of the time!! He's so cute! I love him! I want him 2 b mine 4 ever!!! And he wasn't that drunk either which was so cool you guys because it was the first time I ever kissed someone without being under the influence of anything woooo! So all we did was kiss but it felt really natural and fun and we didn't even kiss for that long, mainly we just talked. At one point we were looking through our notes on our phones and I found one on mine that said "Eat Capt'n Crunch more often Mulan Rugrats" and he was like "hmmm maybe it was a band name that you were trying to remember." And I was like what no who would name their band that? So yup. Kim's friend brought a tent but they were too drunk to assemble it and I wasn't trynna put it together on my own so we slept on the ground which was fine because it was warm. We got back around quarter to 12 today which was good because I will still have time to do work today (we are on reading period). So yes! I'm happy I decided to go. Even though they're older than me and they won't be here when I'm a senior, I feel like I have a little group of friends (well basically just Kim and Ben) that I feel myself with. So I think the plan, for now, is to stay at UPS and see how things go. Ha of course these good things are happening when I only have a few days left in my Freshman year... lol @ my life. (wow I am so sorry) I am still very tired so ~and I know we always apologize for this at the ends of our posts, but...~ sorry if this is wordy and rambly. I can't believe I will be home in 5 days. I can't wait to see you all in the same place and hear your stories and watch movies together and behave in ways that are not considered socially acceptable.
Love love love Elaina

No comments:

Post a Comment