Friday, November 9, 2012

lightbulb cake (#throwback)

I am also so so enjoying hearing your guys' experiences, as i think about you often and wish i could be there with you all the time. so, let's see. my life currently involves doing odd modeling jobs (which is alright. i don't really enjoy it, those people are weird. but money is good.) and sort of "interning" at the acupuncture clinic that my mom works at (which is nice. it can be kind of boring, but the people are really great and interesting and its just so ZEN there.) I'm getting close to saving up enough money now to buy myself some singing lessons, which i've been talking about doing for aaages. i think it's time to bring that back into the mix....i actually miss singing so much, i always put on joni mitchell when i'm driving so i can sing along and it annoys my family, and miles. they don't support my freedom of expression. the jerks. BUT my mom and i are taking a roadtrip next week so we can belt with joni all we want!!!! i'm ridiculously excited. a spontaneous deal was worked out with our neighbor that if her car made it down and back from guatemala, we could just have it. it made it as far as california, which is close enough. so my mom and i are flying down to LA and staying with my grandpa for a couple of days, and then driving the car back up to portland. i insisted we drive through san francisco, and then both mom and i have forever wanted to see the redwoods, and then we're also driving through ashland to visit southern oregon university, because i'm considering that for next year possibly....pretty much i've gotta stick to a state school, since its the cheapest. so I'm also thinking about psu...which i'm not too psyched about...i kind of want to have just a pinch of adventure and independence, maybe? but, we'll see how it works out. i mean, u of o is the best school, but its just soo huge. anyways, i digress. SO YEAH ROADTRIP WOOOO. i'm going to take lots of pictures and listen to lots of nick drake and try to finish On The Road (reading on the road whilst ON THE ACTUAL LEGITIMATE ROAD?!? so topical. so original!!!) So, hopefully, i'll have lots of more interesting things to report after next week. so thats pretty much it, i suppose. I miss you all, and am sending a little brainwave package full of love your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment