Monday, February 25, 2013

lately

In my humanities class today this girl who sits next to me was handing out cookies for some reason, and when she tried to hand me one I just blurted out "Oh no thanks, I'm allergic to Gluten! Thanks anyway." Which I most definitely am not, so I'm still not quite sure why my brain felt the need to tell my mouth to say that. I would have loved to have eaten that cookie!
This weekend my mom came to visit me and Sam for our belated birthday and it was really nice. She stayed at the Silver Cloud Inn and I spent the night there with her on Saturday. We didn't really do anything, we just sort of kicked it in the hotel room for most of her visit. She got here on Saturday at around noon and we went to lunch at a Thai place called Wild Orchid and I had this really delicious ginger chicken thing that came with this delectable fried rice that tasted like it was harvested in the wheat fields of the LORD. After lunch we went back to my room (oh yeah, my roommate is moving out, I don't know if I told you...literally she just left without saying anything at all what a biiiiiiitchhhhh) and I showed her my new wall decorations and stuff and then we got Sam from his dorm and went back to the hotel where we opened our presentzz. I got a record player (as you know), The Colossus by Sylvia Plath, an antique prescription bottle from like the 20's and a pair of penny loafers, which I am wearing today and I love them except they are a little uncomfortable. On Saturday night, we got room service for dinner and I ordered a chicken sandwich and a chocolate milkshake and Sam ate with us and then went back to school because he was going to a Sigma Chi Partay. So me and my mom stayed up super late watching netflix and she brought with her this movie called Control, which I highly highly highly recommend. It's about Ian Curtis from Joy Division, and it was just wonderful. Then we watched Downton Abbey forEVER and then it was like 2 a.m. but we weren't really tired so we just sort of hung out and I played my guitar. Then we went to sleep and I slept horribly and kept getting really overheated and then really really cold and I felt like I was on crack. The next morning we ate breakfast in the lobby of the hotel and then went to Nordstrom with Sam to get him some shoes, and then my mom left at like 3.
When I went back to my room I was unpacking my overnight bag and everything was fine and then all of a sudden as I was making my bed, I just kind of broke down and started crying for no reason. And I cried and screamed into my pillow for such a long time, and today I have these little red dots all around my eyes from broken blood vessels and I just have no clue why I got so upset. Today I feel completely fine, so I am just really confused why that happened.
Anyway, I should go because I have to analyze the Communist Manifesto for politics class. HOORAY. Love and miss you all like cray.
~Elaina

No comments:

Post a Comment