Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Story of Sophie's First Date Ever

Ok so this isn't a big deal but it actually completely is so yes. Please excuse any girly rambling and remember that I am a very level headed individual.

So that morning he calls me up and he's like are you free tonight do you want to go to drinks and so after my lecture I had a freak out that I don't own clothes and he is like the most immaculately dressed person ever and I was like Jeans and converse? and my friends were like NO SOPHIA NO so I went to h&m to find a new outfit. Then I had this huge debacle of how soon I should go out of the dorm where he was going to pick me up but then he just called me so it was okay and i just kind of bounded out of the door and down the stairs and sort of ran into him cause he was closer than I thought and I was like HI. Which I think made me come across as cool calm and collected which is good.

like i had a really good time. We got there and he was like what do you want to drink and I was like "I'll have a beer" (dainty soph) and then i was like, do you need money? and he just kind of laughs and was like no i'm good i got it. So then he just talked about his science and research and his 45 min interview he has to do in london next week for his PHD grant and this one interview were he walked in and they pushed a flower toward him and just gestured at it and was like 'so what do you think about this flower' and I talked about Virginia Woolf and stories and you guys and disney land and more zombies.
And like at one point one of his friends turned up and like ran over to our table and was like WHO'S YOUR LOVER and i was THANK GOD intoxicated enough not to blush and I just stuck out my hand Yeah, name's Sophia pleased to meet you. And he was like Oh my gosh is this that girl!? (yyeeeeahhh) and then when he left I was like, He seems nice and Patrick was like he's a model and I was like MY BEST FRIEND'S A MODEL. And he was like, I've always found models to be less beautiful in real life. And I'm like, she's the most beautiful person I know. Then he's like, I hope I'm like a close second and I'm all OH indubitably.  Lol. I never thought i'd use that word in a conversation i'm such a dork.
And we've decided that next time (more importantly that there is a next time) we're going to go see a show aaand then have a movie marathon of this show he introduced to me.
I mean, in the end since I hadn't had that much to eat I was SLIGHTLY more intoxicated than two beers should have gotten me but whatayagannado.
like...yeap. What else d'yall wanna know? it was just really funny and nice and easy. I really like Patrick.

and OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment