Sunday, October 10, 2010

I wish I had a river I could sail away on

Right now I'm being very bad - I'm avoiding my psych homework which is to summarize an article on the "teen brain" for which I have to give a short speech on tomorrow. Where the hell did the three day weekend go?

Anyways. I'm reading this book called Ricochet River in english (blah), and its about three teenagers who live in a teeny town in Oregon and go on long drives through the country and to the city. At the end of the book, they decide on a whim to take a year off before college and take a sailboat down the river out to the ocean or wherever it takes them. Yeah, so its kind of cliche. But doesn't that sound so tempting? To just completely let go of all the obligations and expectations and wants and needs and limitations and just....let it happen. Let whatever happens happen. To not know where you're going or when you're coming back. When I think about that it makes all the millions of little things I worry about sound very trivial...but then I think about it some more and the anxiety begins to come back - speaking of which, I have an article to summarize.

Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. I looove this song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSS i didnt know if anyone would get the reference! you rock.

    ReplyDelete