Monday, September 13, 2010

Racing for a Cure + Bitch bonding

Hey y'all... so I have a pretty intense story to tell about this weekend that I thought I would save for this so I still have something to write about but I was wondering whether or not we were doing Race for the Cure this weekend/ Sophia's birthday... I hadn't heard anything about it but if we are going to do it we need to sign up... or I need to sign up with my volleyball team... so let me know...

Anywho! So Friday in place of practice we ran around downtown trying to sell those little card things to people (which was an epic fail btw) and after we decided to go out for a team dinner for "team bonding". Around 6ish we were all just standing around in the gym and some people were counting the money and stuff.... so the girls who don't have jobs (including me) left to go get the table at the restaurant though we were going to wait to order because they said they'd be right behind us. So we get there and get our seat and everything and it was all fun but we're just talking about how hungry we are and how everything looked so good... Andii (not Holmes but the kind of annoying one on my team-but nice) was especially hungry though she had just eaten a half piece of pizza she had left over from lunch- whichh is understandable why she would still be hungry... at least to me... Anyway we wait and wait and after like 30 or 45 minutes they (Brandie and Jessica Smith) finally show up - there are two other girls and our coach, Lea in a differernt car.

So Jessica and Brandie sit down and Andii mentions something of how hungry she is and how they took forever and we can finally eat... I don't really know why but Jessica just kind of exploded.... she doesn't like andii in the first place really and I don't know what it was today at our "team bonding" that made it happen but heres the dialoge that went down
"You just ate Andii how can still be hungry you were eating in the gym?"
"I don't know... I just am always hungry"
"so you have to eat every five minutes?"
(I don't really remember what Andii said back but it made Jess flip out)
"WE need to talk. Come here"
"No I don't want to talk to you"
"FINE! then I'll say it here to your face. (she leaned over the table, over me and actually like got in Andii's face and in a very very harsh tone said...) "Everyone on this team thinks your selfish..." she would've gone one but she said that just as Lea and the other girls walked around the corner.

They sat down and everything was really awkward for like a minute. Then Andii got up and left to go to the bathroom with emily (which I later found out was because she needed to borrow her phone cause she was going to call her mom to go home) A couple seconds after they left to go up stairs Jessica gets up and says something about apoligizing. This next part I heard from emily so I don't know the exact words exchanged but it went something like her storming in the bathroom going
"Here you guys go again gossiping behind my back"
(Andii)"We're not talking about you"
"Emily you need to LEAVE"
"No, emily, I'm going with you."
Emily was so confused cause she didn't want to get on either of their bad sides but Jessica I had blocked Andii from leaving the bathroom and finally Andii told em she could go and I guess they just talked things out-- with more accusing from Jess and ending up hugging at the end and coming back down to the table like civilized people.

They were a little awkward the rest of the night but at least acknowlegded eachother a little. But anyway yeah- most dramatic thing I've ever seen...
I just wanted to thank you guys for being so cool all the time and never causing me any drama or making me cry or anything like that. I would hate it if we had a relationship where we fought all the time and talked behind eachother's backs and told secrets and stuff. I just wanted to let you guys know that I love you all and that you can tell me anything-- know matter how weird or embarassing... I will always be there for you guys because I know you will always be there for me. I love you guys! Keep writing!!!

Hailey

3 comments:

  1. This picture is perfect...I call the one on the far left. She's pretty cool, I think. Let's call her Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap. That's... wow.

    I think Fiona's the one next to you Elaina. That's a look Fi would most definently do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally. She would :)

    ReplyDelete