Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Zombie Apocalypse

Yo girlies.

I don't get relationships like that. (referring to Hailey's experience btw) I mean, why would you ever hang out with someone only to turn around and bitch them out? I don't get it at all and it makes little to no sense. I only hang out with people that I really want to be with and when I happen to be thrown into a situation with someone I don't like then I keep my sarcastic teenage comments in my head. Or possibly on paper.

So, yeah. That's it on that subject. And yes, Hail, I'm going to the Race for the Cure this weekend... I think everyone else is too... I MIGHT actually be busy this weekend though but I'm not sure.... Intel party thing... I'm going to try to get out of it but yeah that's that.

Let's talk about the Zombie Apocalypse.

As we all know, the invasion of our undead friends is nigh and, as less of us know, we are sadly unprepared for such an attack. Here's some stuff that I was thinking about on my way back from school.
There are many factors to consider whilst planing for the Zombie invasion. You need to figure out, for example, where you would run when such an attack begins. You need the basics: Food, shelter, water, and weapons. You can't really have one without needing the other, though... I'm thinking Home Depot is a good place to go. Cause then you have weapons, and wood for shelter... but what about food and water? Sure you can fight your way out for supplies but that would take time and energy.
So then I'm like, Well Fred Meyer has a butt load of food, and water, and shelter and, like, gardening tools for weapons. Awesome. So now we're alive.

But in a crisis like this (and I'm being perfectly serious here), not necessarily in a Zombie Apocalypse, is staying alive really the only thing you should be worrying about? I mean, sure, it's your first instinct to abandon all reason and just keep afloat leaving whatever you have to behind you. But... what about our history? If somehow we do survive the crisis (whatever it is) but we leave all of the history to die, then aren't we as good as dead? We, as a human race, will forget past errors, past innovations, past massacres... and duplicate wars and holocausts and religious mistakes, and then where would we be? Isn't part of what makes us human learning from others so as not get stuck in the vicious cycle that is nature? Isn't part of what makes us human daring to go beyond simply surviving and discovering? Learning and moving forward? But really, who's going to worry about books while their leg is being chewed on by a zombie? (I mean other than me)

I spent most of my time with my dear cousin Sarah Jones (Best friend, btw. Actually you guys would adore her) talking about how we would survive the Zombie Apocalypse. Guys. Think about it.

After all. 'Tis nigh.

This is Sarah Jones.

And this is a Turtle.



No comments:

Post a Comment